Read our call to action below or visit the website of CATU / Trinity Renters’ Union. Our pamphlet’s original sources, that is company records, ownership documents and financial statements which were mostly gathered from different registries can be found here.
You can download the non-sourced PDF of the pamphlet destined for printing here. We encourage you to spread the word, with a list of actions points below!
And, of course, the sourced blog post.
- Why is your student accommodation so f*cking expensive?This investigation blows the lid on the unfair, corrupt and evil practices of giant multinational corporations and rich real estate investors. Revelations vis-à-vis student accommodation developers and managers include […]
IN ORDER TO HELP, we suggest that you:
- Share the PDF or the blog post into your course and accommodation group chats, so as to spread awareness of the issue and encourage people to join a tenants’ union.
- Share the blog post on your social medias constantly, as posts and stories, tagging @students4change_group (on Instagram) or S4C_group (Twitter) and the hashtag #Education4All, #PassTheBill, #Students4Change and #Students4Accommodation.
- To this end, you can easily re-share our posts from Instagram and Twitter.
- Provided that Covid-19 regulations allow and are followed, share a printed version of pamphlet (A4, tri-fold) of your choice either in-person or in a mass-mail campaign.
- Share your accommodation experiences with Students4Change and the union of your choice.
- Students of all countries, you are very welcome to adapt and re-share this pamphlet with regards to how things are on your side of the globe, as long as you give original credit to the blog post.
- Join us and further contribute to this cause!
Other news relating to accommodation are displayed below.
- In Solidarity with the JCRAll JCR events have been banned by College until further notice due to an event going awry out of no fault of the JCR. Trinity Halls residents will be left without support during the holidays.
- Statement on 8.9 of Conditions of Occupancy College Residences 2021 – 2022 (Update: Email to SU and Animal Welfare). . . We believe that College should amend its policy on animals in Trinity-owned accommodation to be more accessible and inclusive to students with psychological disabilities requiring emotional support animals as companions to support their mental health. . College policy currently states that no animal or pet may be housed in residences without permission […]
- Info on McGrath Group / Randalswood ConstructionThese two groups were involved in the violent eviction attempt on the 27th of October against Sunnyvale residents.
- Trinity Accommodation Rent Hike of 2.3%The news is shocking, that after 1.5 years of online, stuck-at-home education and the financial, mental-health difficulties associated with it, College still treats students like cash cows.
- Corporatization is a Capitalist Assault on UniversitiesThe corporatization of universities is inextricably linked with neoliberalism. László Molnárfi discusses.